Center of New Industries and Technologies

The Centre of New Industries and Technologies, located in Puteaux, France, is one of the first buildings built in La Défense in Paris, France. It functions as convention centre, though it also houses shops and offices such as Fnac, ESSEC Business School campus for executive education, as well as a Hilton hotel.HistoryThe initial of the building took place between 1956 and 1958 with the first concrete poured on May 8. Its architects were Robert Edouard Camelot, Jean de Mailly, Bernard Zehrfuss accompanied by the engineer Jean Prouvé for the exterior. The structural engineer for the concrete shell was Nicolas Esquillan.At the time of its construction, the La Defense business district did not exist and the site for the building was at the roundabout or "rond point" of La Defense where the old Zodiac Aerospace factory was situated. The site was named for a statue called "La Defense De Paris" by the sculptor Louis-Ernest Barrias which was situated on a natural hill between the towns of Puteaux and Courbevoie. This statue, originally erected in 1883, has now been moved to the west of the La Defense plaza.Originally conceived as an exhibition center for the French machine tools industry, the building was inaugurated by General, and soon to be President, Charles de Gaulle on 12 September 1958.

Adresse

2 Parvis De La Défense
Paris
92800

Notifications

Soyez le premier à savoir et laissez-nous vous envoyer un courriel lorsque Center of New Industries and Technologies publie des nouvelles et des promotions. Votre adresse e-mail ne sera pas utilisée à d'autres fins, et vous pouvez vous désabonner à tout moment.

événements/lieux á proximité


Autres événements/lieux à Paris

Voir Toutes