Over the last 6 years we have had some unfortunate weather that made our event unprofitable 3 of those years. As Optimist we pushed thru to YEAR 25! We have absolutely loved hosting this family fun event for our wonderful Big Country. All of us are volunteers and the profit has always gone for support of our youth in the Big Country in numerous ways including scholarships. We have been extremely grateful for our sponsors and the support of those of you have come out to the event. It takes about $25,000 to put on this event before we ever start the event. Money that can not be replaced if something happens were the event can not take place. This is the best explanation we can give to try to help you understand our decision. We pray and believe the virus will not be an issue by September, however, planning and money has to be promised way before that time. We do not have the funds to lose if the event needed to be cancelled closer to September. Thank you for understanding.
Due to the uncertainty of this and the amount of time and money that it takes to host the BCBF we are regretfully making the decision to cancel the Balloonfest for 2020.