AND OPEN HOUSE VALENZUELA HOME #2! Lucy Valenzuela Ward & Bod Ward's Casa at 209 South 5th
4-6 pm Sat June 1st
The first recorded owner of this property was Thos O. Murphy in 1884. The property was lost and sold in a sheriff's sale by C.L. Nevill to H.M. Munday March, 1886.
Another tax sale was made December 4,1902 by D.W. Gourley to J. R. Sanford.
L.N. Halbert bought the property October 13,1903 and probably completed construction of the house and barn. The property transferred January 25, 1905 to James Dawson and then to Jas and Kate Rogers at the same time. More sales followed.
E.T Fuller July 1907.
J.J. Munday, February 1912.
J.C. Brooke, February 1912.
Ada Blevins, April 1912.
R. N. Pulliam, February 1958.
Arturo & Josephina Valenzuela, February 1963.
Lucy Valenzuela (Ward), July 1990.
The Valenzuela family used the property for a residence and neighborhood retail store operated by Arturo Valenzuela from 1963 to 1968.
Melly Valenzuela (Rodriquez) opened a beauty shop known as “The House of Beauty” in 1968 and closed the shop in 1972.
The Valenzuela family rented the property after the beauty shop closed to various families until 2015.
Lucy Valenzuela Ward remodeled the Casa in 2017 and uses it as a guest house for family and friends.