Hey everyone, we have an update concerning this year’s Jack's Generic Tri scheduled for August 29th. It contains some good and some not-so-good news.
Bad news first. We're canceling 2021 JGT due to heightened COVID-19 requirements and a low number of registrations. Unfortunately, postponement is not a viable option based on permitting and venue availability.
Good news now! Everyone who is registered can transfer to one of the following events at no cost:
- Austin Half Marathon - April 25, 2021
- CapTex Tri Rookie, Sprint, or Olympic distance - May 31, 2021
- Kerrville Triathlon Rookie, Quarter, or Half distance - September 25-26, 2021
- 3M Half Marathon - January 23, 2022
- Ascension Seton Austin Marathon, Half Marathon, or 5K - February 20, 2022
Registrants will also have the option to request a refund for their event if they do not wish to transfer to any of the listed events.
More good news! CapTex Tri and Kerrville Triathlon will now include Rookie Divisions and distances! Read more and learn about the Rookie Divisions and distances.
Jack's Generic Tri, scheduled for August 29th, has been canceled due to heightened COVID-19 requirements and a low number of registrations.