Season’s Greetings from the Fairview Park Recreation Department!
2020 has undoubtedly presented many challenges for our Gemini Center members and staff. We would like to thank all of our members that have continued to utilize our great facility and our offerings despite these challenging times. Your patronage is much appreciated by all of us. We also want to recognize our members that have been making a strong effort in following our new policies. Thank you!!!
Also, much thanks to those that have participated in our traditional programs of youth flag football, soccer and volleyball and our newer “covidcentric” programs such as our virtual visit to the North Pole, take home cookie decorating kits, virtual visits with Santa and our Light Up the Neighborhood event!
Additionally, we would like to welcome back any members that have made the very difficult choice to not utilize the Gemini Center. We miss you, but more importantly, we understand! Please know that our number one priority is to ensure the safety of our members, patrons and staff and to help do this, we have made many changes to our policies including, but not limited to, face covering requirements, spacing of our equipment and enhanced cleaning procedures. Give us a try and hopefully you’ll feel comfortable with all that we’re doing to make your safety our priority!
As we approach the holidays, we have recently made some changes in our policies to keep the Gemini Center as safe as possible. To see our entire list of policies, including those that will go into effect starting December 21, please visit www.fairviewparkrec.com
Some of the significant policies and changes for the Gemini Center are:
• Due to the overcrowding of the basketball courts and the difficulty in both enforcing our gymnasium policies and many of our members not following the policies, Open Gym and Drop-in Basketball will no longer be permitted in the Gemini Center. This change will begin December 21 and run until a time to be determined. While this is not ideal for anyone, we would like to thank the members that have been responsibly following our policies.
• Also starting December 21, the basketball gymnasium and the multi-purpose gym will be closed except for use by FPRD programs and rentals for our travel basketball teams and FPRD Affiliates.
• A reservation system for drop-in basketball is being examined and the hope is to have it implemented on or around January 4, 2021. More information to follow.
• Minor members under the age of 15 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times in the Gemini Center.
• Members and Patrons that object to or fail to adhere to the Gemini Center face covering (mask) policies WILL NOT be permitted to use the facility or participate in our programs. Please remember to wear your masks only when not engaged in exercise activity.
• Per state guidelines: ”Individuals with a medical condition including those with respiratory conditions that restrict breathing, mental health conditions or disability are exempt from being required to wear a face covering (mask).” Individuals MUST provide to the front desk a note from their physician documenting that there is a condition that makes the individual exempt. This documentation must be updated every sixty (60) days.
Please understand that the abuse of and/or failure to follow our policies may lead to additional restrictions including suspension of membership privileges, shut down of our facilities and programs, etc. We understand that these policies and changes have an impact on you. However, these tough decisions are being made to continue to keep the safety of you and our staff as our priority.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to call me at (440)356-4444 or email me at [email protected]
Happy Holidays and please stay safe and healthy!
Kerry Kemp, Recreation Director