City of Midlothian social media platforms provide an opportunity for the public to share and discuss information about the City’s programs and activities. Posted comments reflect the opinions only of the authors and not the City of Midlothian or its employees.
Comments are often reviewed and screened to ensure compliance with the City of Midlothian social media public comment policy. Any comments found in non-compliance with this policy will be removed.
1. The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
2. Comment that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental ability or sexual orientation will not be permitted.
3. Reference to the personality of individuals, personal attacks or potentially libelous statements will not be permitted.
4. Comments should be related directly to the posted topic.
5. Questions from members of the news media will not be responded to by City personnel. Media members should direct their questions to the City via the appropriate channels.
6. Comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition are prohibited.
7. The promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction is prohibited.
8. Communications made through social media platforms will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the City of Midlothian or any official of the City for any purpose. For example, a post or comment that asks that the City provide public records will not be considered a public records request until it is sent through the proper channels.
9. Duplicate posts are prohibited.
10. For the protection of privacy, comments that include personal information such as Social Security Numbers, phone numbers and e-mail addresses are prohibited.
11. Anonymous postings are prohibited. Commenters are required to use their full name.
12. All postings to the city pages must be a direct post. Any postings through tagging will be deleted.
Responses to City-generated messages are encouraged. Other comments regarding City of Midlothian projects or programs should be submitted directly to the appropriate department.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Midlothian Conference Center posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.